A few weeks ago we installed a TRD Quickshifter in my Scion FR-S. The stock shifter really lacked the premium feel that should have been from the factory.
I’m not going into detail about the install, but here is the gist of it:
- Install time approx 2.5 hours.
- If you have a moderate understanding of auto mechanics you will be able to do this install.
- Make sure to get all tools specified on the tool list that comes with the TRD quickshifter, it will make the install 100X easier.
- Add Loctite to all bolts, it’ll prevent them from vibrating off in the future.
- Instructions come in the box, they are clear and have plenty of pictures.
The Shifter cost me approx $172 with taxes I bought it at my local Toyota dealership. The dealership had it at about $170 before taxes, I told them I had seen it online for $150: link >>> (TRD Quickshifter $148.50), he gave it to me for approx $158. So just FYI they’re open to negotiation.
The feel of theTRD quickshifter is….GREAT! it gives it that “Premium” feel I was looking for; tight, slightly mechanical, short (but not too short), precise, as well as a nice heavy thunk caught by satisfying dampening at the end of each throw.
Makes the daily drive a lot better.
Here is a before and after video of me banging through the gears!